Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ritchey Bike Project: Intro

My first attempt to restore a bike. I plan to document my restoration process on this bike project and show the process on both Youtube and my Facebook account, so stay tuned if you're interested. Actually, the bike is in quite excellent condition for being probably at least 25 years old. My dad was big on collecting bikes back in the 80's, and this Ritchey was his which he road occasionally at Crystal Springs right off of Hillsborough. I want to use this as a commuter bike from train to work and back, however, I'm not keen on the red paint job. Plan to update this and make it my own by painting it a matte tone-on-tone grey look... frame in a flat lighter grey like titanium, and the front end fort and handlebar/stem in matte charcoal. Will also probably try and paint the front wheels matte charcoal to keep with the stealthy tone-on-tone theme. I don't want this to be completely stripped down looking and bare, so I will replace some Ritchey decals on the frame in black when the main body of painting is complete. The gears are still good and it runs well. The tires are also surprisingly holding up still after all this time.. no real leaks or cracking, though, I think I should replace them to be on the safe side... besides for safety, I would like to clean up the look of the tires by getting some that are all black so I loose that dirty tan sidewall on the current tires. Hopefully, this will be done within a month and I'll be out enjoying my restored Ritchey bike sooner than ...

Tips The Best Vacuums Cheaper Water Fountain Pumps Ati Mobility Radeon 7500 Driver Update Guide








No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。